Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Letting People Know

So, today, I decided to mention to my coworkers my desire to loose weight.

It was very hard to do.

I felt silly.

This is how it went down:

"Tommy, you want a toffee pecan bar?"

My heart started to thump a little.

Yes! Yes! YES! I DO!

"No, sorry, can't. I'm trying to loose weight," I said quietly.

I don't know why I felt so wrong for admitting I wanted to loose weight. They don't care. In fact, they probably would be proud of me. Maybe I just really, really wanted that toffee pecan bar.

I also was eye balling a cheese danish. But, that's a different story.

---

Later on at work one of the girls said this:

"I don't think you should loose weight. I just don't think we could handle all the girls that'll be coming in when you do."

She's right, we couldn't handle such an increase in customers.

And don't doubt for a second our customer count won't go up:

I'm gonna be smoking hot, soon.

---

DIET:
BREAKFAST: Oatmeal with peanut butter, bananananananas, and low fat brown sugar.
LUNCH: Blueberry Scone and a single pump, four shot, grande mocha.
DINNER: A small sampling of chicken and vegetables.

EXERCISE: None yet. But, before I go to bed I'm thinking maybe a push up or two.

DAYS-WITHOUT-SODA-POP-O-METER: 2.
WATER GAUGE: About 30 oz

RIDICULOUS-DRINK-OF-THE-DAY: Venti Quad Breve* No Foam Sugar Free Vanilla Latte.

*Breve = Steamed Half and Half. So, this particular drink had four ounces of espresso, two ounces of sugar free vanilla, and FOURTEEN OUNCES OF HALF AND HALF?!?!?!

---

All The Love My Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

2 comments:

  1. See, the thing about breve is...it's morally wrong, disgusting, and by all rights it should kill you. However, if your dieting includes a cheat day, you should make a tall breve caramel macchiato. Then, and only then, will you understand the motivations of the breve people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy! I'm so glad this blog is back!

    Also. I want some starbucks now. Thanks.

    And I think the onesie idea is fantastic. I've been wanting one with pink duckies for years, but no one has ever gotten it for me...

    ReplyDelete