Sunday, January 3, 2010

Where Have The Last Eight Months Gone?

I decided to put this off until a Sunday.

Sunday's are good for second starts.

Maybe you're a church going person, maybe not. For the churchy folks, you get why Sunday is a good day for second starts. For, unchurchy folks, Sundays are stil good for second starts because they're the first day of the week.

So, here we go.

---

Over the last past eight months people have asked me a variety of different variations of this one question:

"What happened to Get Fit Tommy?"

For awhile, I answered akwardly:

"Umm... You know... Just taking a break... That kind of thing... Excuses... Too hard to update, but I'm still at it... Excuses..."

Now, when people ask I'm a bit more honest:

"He got fit, then fat."

---

I re-read the last post from back in June, '09. I mentioned how my fitness was no good, all around. I slept too late, stayed up too late, watched too much television, that kind of thing.

Although, I've WAY let my body go, I can honestly say I've made some strides in those other areas.

I started working at Starbucks after I finished round one of Get Fit Tommy. I can safely say, I don't sleep in too late on a regular basis.

I've seen hours, you didn't know existed.

I also am normally in bed no later then midnight. So, that's good.

I only watch T.V. maybe once a week. And now that "Glee" isn't on for a few more months, I'm sure it'll stay that way.

Also, I've been pretty creative. I've started a novel. Written a good plenty of short stories. I'm working on my first kids book. And I read more now, then ever before. Which is a lot, considering how much I used to read.

So, not all is bunk.

---

I'm starting over this time. And, before you roll your eyes, I'm gonna invite you back on this trip with me.

Things will be rough.

But, do-able.

So, join me.

---

All The Love My Even More Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

2 comments: