Friday, May 8, 2009

Put 'er dare Pardner

Well, this week has been extremely comforting.

I'm really excited about how many people are writing me emails, leaving comments, or encouragement over in the real world. Whatever that is.

Well, another thing I've learned as I've been researching this whole weight loss thing is the need for a partner.

In the few weeks I've been thinking about this, and the one week I've been acting on this whole "Get Fit Tommy" campaign, I'm really encouraged by the many partners (many of whom I did not expect, at all) that have stepped up.

So, tonight, on this glorious Thursday evening, I want to thank:

Those of you who are leaving comments and are on the same journey as I. I appreciate those who are posting their diets and exercise routines also!

My co-worker who has started to read "Get Fit Tommy" and won't allow me to use whole milk, but instead makes me drink soy milk, which I really like.

Those of you I have personally emailed, and have emailed me back.

My Mom for promising to take me grocery shopping and pick out healthier food.

My Step-Mom and Dad, who are passing forward the diet they used to loose weight. (Side note, my Dad has been big motivation for me... The man lost 30 pounds in like 9 weeks. And is looking fine, if it wasn't for his crazy mowhawk.)

My friend at youth group who wants to go on long walks with me, to save me from myself.

---

If you want to join this eclectic party:

email me at: get.fit.tommy@gmail.com

or

leave a comment

or

tell a friend

or

go on a walk with me, that is if you live anywhere near where I call home.

---
DIET:
Breakfast: Banananananananananananana (DAMN YOU GWEN STEFANI! WHEN DO I QUIT!)
Lunch: Yogurt Parfait with Water
Dinner: Bagel with Low-fat Cream Cheese and a small bowl of Menastroni, also water.
Midnight Snack (I need to stop these): Too much popcorn at the movies.

DRINK:
NO COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!! But, it really hurt my head to go without.
Iced Soy Chai Latte
Banananananana Creme Smoothing Type Thing
Lots of water.

EXERCISE:
No formal exercise tonight, but at work I mopped (don't laugh, for a guy in my shape it's similar to a marathon) and totted around 100lbs bags of coffee beans.

---

All The Love My Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

2 comments:

  1. yesterday:

    breakfast: chocolate croissant, coffee
    lunch: i unthought KFC for free thanks to Oprah, i rethought it, but then i ate it and i unthought it again. they might want to think about changing their slogan, coke.
    dinner: panera pick two: turkey artichoke and french onion, water.
    snack: half an ice cream taco (thanks Matt), and some popcorn

    exercise: my landlord called and told me she was bringing someone to see the house, so i cleaned the whole house in 15 minutes, i was drenched in sweat after so i guess that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Thomas Grant Welty,

    I'm very proud of you for your endeavor into the world of healthiness. I highly suggest a sandwich of pita bread, sprouts, black beans, avocado and the smallest bit of salt and pepper. It is quite delicious. Also, you are beginning to disappear from the face of the earth again, which I don't like.

    Sincerely,
    your younger mexican sister: Jessica.

    ReplyDelete