Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Semesters Over, Parties, Cookies, and Star Gazing (Or, When Birds Attack, Again.)

Today was awesome.

Since, my goal isn't just to be fit, but to have a lifestyle of fitness (including, physical, financial, spiritual, emotional, et ceteral) I'm going to update you on some areas of my fitness in my life.

But, lets back track.

This is mostly a blog on physical fitness, but seeing as how we're physical beings, physical fitness touches upon everything. So, that's what I meant up above.

---

Today started shaky. I'm in poor financial shape, and well, that can start any day in a shaky way. But, lets not dwell on the past.

My last class period was awesome!!! I absolutely love my creative writing teacher! I'm gonna miss her this summer, of course, we're hanging out in two weeks, so I guess I won't miss her that much.

---

Work. Boring. Except I got attacked by a bird, four times.

ATTACK OF THE BIRDS COUNT: 6 bird attacks.

I've decided that birds are vicious and vile creatures, full of hatred and rage.

The other day I was watching two ducks in the Fox River. They were doing one of two things. Either they were mating or one was trying to murder the other.

Since, mating and murder are so closely related, for example they both are brought to us by the letter "M", they could've been doing both.

One duck was mounting the other duck, which led me to believe it was mating, if you catch my drift.

The mounting duck, or the alpha duck, lets call him Conan the Duck Conqueror, was taking his bill and shoving the other duck's head, lets call that duck: Willy, underwater trying to drown it.

This is why I'm confused whether if it was mating or murder. What do you think? Lovin' in the water? Murder on the riverside? Or, simply a bad date?

Either way, in the past week I've been attacked six times by red-breasted blackbirds, and I saw ducks trying to do something or other to each other.

That is why all birds are vicious and vile creatures, full of hatred and rage.

---

After work I took a very long walk that ended with some star gazing.

I'm canceling my walk tomorrow, and I'm going to do it again.

You should join me.

---

DIET:
BREAKFAST - cookies, brownies, and something wonderful made of peanut butter.
LUNCH - Tuna Sandwich with Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (the soup wasn't as healthy and wonderful as it sounds. It was a creamy soup, not a brothy soup.)
SNACK 1 - Lemon bar.
DINNER - Roast Beef with cream cheese sandwich
SNACK 2- Soy Chai Latte, and a couple of sips of Arcedium's artics.

EXERCISE:
approx. 4 mile walk.

DAYS-WITHOUT-SODA-POP-O-METER: 8
WATER GAUGE: approx. 60 oz.

---

All The Love My Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

2 comments:

  1. So, I decided to go out and feed geese this morning around 6:30.

    I would have to say I concur on birds being evil creatures. Apart from being hissed at almost constantly, I saw a mother goose attack a baby goose and almost rip the feathers off one of the older geese just so her babies could get the bread I was throwing.
    Not that I hadn't already spent 20 minutes feeding them.
    Stupid birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Schuman and I sawthe same thing happen to a duck years ago. It was more of a gang rape so we were surprised the little duck survived. We ended up throwing rocks at the males. We were told it was normal mating behavior to hold the duck under water. Ick!

    BTW when we rode to the coffee house we were not attacked by any birds. Maybe it's you!

    ReplyDelete