Friday, May 15, 2009

Heart Full Of Hope And A Pocket Full Of Dreams (or, When Birds Attack)

I was attacked by a bird today. Three times. Apparently, I'm not the only person who will fight for a meal.

I work at a cafe in St. Charles, right off of the Fox River. Well, the Fox River is a dirty, dirty, dirty river. So, there are many bugs. And there are many birds to eat the many bugs. Thus is the circle of life.

On the way from my car to the front door, I was attacked by a bird. Twice. The bugs were out, and I walked underneath the tree where the bird lives, it took flight, aimed itself at me, and tried to attack. Luckily, I'm much smarted then a red-breasted blackbird, and I ducked out of the way. Sorry, no pun intended. Then, it came back for more. I outsmarted the rocket bird again, and ducked twice. At that point, I ran to the door.

Six hours later.

I'm walking from the front door of work to my car. I'm pretty sure that the bird had been waiting for this very moment. It launched itself at me again. And I dodged it again.

Stupid bird.

---

I made some snacks today. While I was waiting to pick up my little sister from her job at Jewel-Osco I did some grocery shopping.

Tommy's Sexy Shopping List:
-Kashi Granola
-Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt
-Pretzels
-Unsalted Roasted Almonds
-Raisins
-Dried Bananananananananananananas
-Peapods and Carrots

I made a trail mix with everything but the yogurt, kashi, and veggies.

---

DIET:
BREAKFAST - flaxseed peanutbutter bar
LUNCH - Veggie Sanwhich (Fresh Mozzarella, Basil Pesto, Tomato)
SNACK - The trail mix I made, Kashi Granola with Strawberry Yogurt
DINNER - Didn't happen
SNACK 2 - Half of a Portillo's burger... it was on the counter and begging me... no, no, no... it was screaming at me to eat it.
OTHER THINGS I PUT IN MY MOUTH AND CONSUMED - small, soy blueberry latte

EXERCISE:
1 full night of sleep

DAYS-WITHOUT-SODA-POP-O-METER: 4
WATER GAUGE: approx. 60 oz.

---

I need to get my water intake up. But it makes my tummy all slishy-sloshy. Do you have any remedies for that?

---

All The Love My Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, I forgot I have 2 blogs, one for church and one for me. Can you delete the post from Brian?

    I just said that I think slish-sloshy is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... Wait, you directed Brian Coffey on accident to this blogspot, or, you were signed in as Brian Coffey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! I'm glad that my mom and I both decided to comment. I was attacked by a blackbird once last year. I was riding my bike by the fox river and something hit my head. I looked to see what it was and there was a freaking bird trying to attack me. It managed to hit my head again before I realized what was happening and then I swat at it a few times and it left. Quite a hilarious event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remedy for the sloshy water feeling-DON'T CHUG IT
    A lot of people make this mistake, but you really should sip water.
    I mean, think if you were living wild by the river and you had only your hands to scoop water up with. You wouldn't even be able to chug.
    Also-way to go on the getting fit thing.

    I've been adjusting my diet recently too (because of becoming vegetarian)-one thing I read about was not drinking while you eat. Wait until at least an hour afterwards to drink, because water dilutes your stomach acid, making it harder to digest.
    Miss you and love you tommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All i can say is, blogging is pretty freakin sweet. Yes i know, im anonymous. Haha, its alissa. I decided to take a look on what you have done the past days on this website, and so far. You've come a pretty long way. i might just go and create a blog myself. I mean talking just about yourselfto some people may seem selfcentered. But here, its not at all, especially when people get to read it and see physical and mental things you go through. :] I like it.

    ReplyDelete