Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When Jesus and Billy are of no comfort.

Long walks are stupid.

And people who take long walks are stupid, too.

Physically, long walks are a lot of fun. You feel great, you get to see the world in slow motion, the night air is very refreshing, you can actually stop to think...

...No, wait. That is where long walks get stupid.

If you haven't yet noticed, I took a walk today (about two miles, or about 45 minutes).

I've never been that insecure, at all. In fact, I'm pretty much was the most confident person in the world. But, lately, not so much. This is what makes long walks stupid.

When you're walking by yourself you have few options in your mind: you can think to yourself, or, if it suits your fancy, you can talk to Jesus.

I did both. Both sucked.

As of late when I've wanted to talk to Jesus I want to get a big old hug from a dear old friend who just wants to tell me that there is no need to change, and that he loves me just the way I am. Billy Joel isn't much comfort either. Instead of telling me that I'm perfectly fine the way I am, Jesus thinks it'd be nice to offer suggestions. But, being human and all, I think that's silly. So, that leaves me with option number 2. Just thinking to myself. Thinking to myself.

I'm worse to me then Jesus.

If I loved my neighbor the way I love myself lately, I'd be arrested.

But, anyways. I've decided to add a nightly walk to my life.

---

DIET:
(WHAT MEAL) - (WHATS CONSUMED)
Breakfast - Air.
Lunch - Half of a Coca-cola [I would have finished it but, I'm pretty much a strict Pepsi fan. More on that later.]
Dinner - A tuna sandwhich, a bowl of chicken tortilla soup, and approx. 5 potato chips.
Drink - A white chocolate mocha, a few tastes of a some fruit smoothies, water, a glass of milk.

EXERCISE:
45 minute walk (approx. two miles or so)

---

Clearly, I need to rethink what I take in,
All The Love My Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

2 comments:

  1. here's yesterday's info.
    breakfast: 2 pieces of toast, greek coffee
    lunch: spaghetti, bread, salad, 2 cookies
    dinner: salad, green beans, baked potato, steak, french silk pie
    snack: toasted ritz crackers
    exercise: 15 mile ride (about an hour)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get in on this too.

    ReplyDelete