Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dark Horses, Underdogs, and the Only Thing That Matters

DISCLAIMER: I get pretty "religious" later on in this post. If that's not your groove and that kind of stuff offends you please skip the "GRACE" section. But, if that's not your groove and that kind of stuff doesn't offend you, read it. Maybe you will groove to it.

---

Okay, this blog is all about honesty and grace and fitness right? Well, I got all three tonight.

---
HONESTY:

Well, I have a confession to make.

I'm an avid fan of American Idol, and for grins and giggles, I plan on auditioning.

But, whats really exciting is that my guy that I've been rooting for all season won! Which sucks, cause now he has to make crappy music.

Seriously, if I were a betting man, I'd bet against my guy: Kris Allen.

So, Kris, if you're reading, thanks for letting all the underdogs know we can win.

---
GRACE:

Youth group went really well tonight. 1) I ate better then I normally do, not great but better. 2) We had a fun discussion... well, it was less of a discussion and more of a diatribe from me to the youth (and some adults).

I'll share with all of you what I shared with the group tonight:

Nothing else in the world matters, except for how much God loves you.

In 10 days you're going to forget what outfit you wore today that you spent 2 hours picking out.

In 10 weeks you're going to forget about that petty fight you had with your ex best friend.

In 10 months you're going to forget what you didn't pay attention to in class.

In 10 years you're going to forget most of the kids you went to highschool with.

In 10 decades you're going to be forgotten.

Ultimately, nothing we do really matters.
Depressing right?

No.

Why?

Because God has loved you before you were knit in your mother's womb. The intimacy you share with God, whether or not you want to, is the only thing that matters.

---
FITNESS:

DIET:
BREAKFAST - low fat yogurt and Kashi
SNACK 1 - Fiber one granola bar
SNACK 2 - Homemade Tommy Snacks
LUNCH - Vegetarian Sandwich with a few chips, and a bowl of minestrone. (I had an iced soy chai latte to drink)
DINNER - one cheeseburger, two helpings of baked beans, three helpings of fruit salad.
DESSERT - one s'more brownie.
SNACK 3 - pretzels

EXERCISE:
approx. 2 mile walk.

DAYS-WITHOUT-SODA-POP-O-METER: 9
WATER GAUGE: approx. 110 oz.

---

All The Love My Massive Heart Can Give,
tommy

1 comment:

  1. Holy water today!!

    No pun intended. But really, way to go on the water drinking. I never do that good when I'm trying to drink more water.
    Also, I'm so into those fiber one bars, the chocolate ones are ridiculously good-I can't just eat one, it's kind of a problem. I've found that I can get them at big lots for $2 a box, while everywhere else they're between $3-$4. I think I might have an addiction.
    Way to go on having a healthy lunch too...now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete